Some time ago, two fellow bloggers very kindly gave me awards that I have not yet thanked them for publicly.
Aparna from Midnight Hues Poetry gave me the Versatile Blogger Award and Ashley from Backyard Provence bestowed the Very Inspiring Blogger Award on me. Due to the generous nature of this blogging community, I had already received these awards, but I was most grateful to have them again from two bloggers who have provided me with some excellent reading material.
The first one is the Illuminating Blogger Award:
The rules for accepting the award are:
- to visit the award site Food Stories and leave a comment indicating that I’ve been nominated and by whom
- to thank the person that nominated me by including a link to their blog
- to share one random thing about myself
- to select at least five other bloggers whose illuminating, informative posts I enjoy reading, and nominate them for the award
I’ve visited the Food Stories site and left my comment as instructed, and I heartily recommend a visit to Meg’s blog, which has lots of wonderful photos on it and little stories of her trips and travels around the world. Thank you Meg for this award.
One random fact is that garlic is the only vegetable I can think of that I don’t like.
I find illuminating, informative posts all over the place on the blogosphere and so this list is just a taster of wonderful things, but I’m inclulding these blogs particularly because I frequently feel illuminated, informed and inspired by all of them:
The second award from Meg is the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
For this one I have to again pass the award on to 5 blogs and share 7 things about myself.
The blogs are:
Seven things about myself:
- I eat cereal with fruit for my evening meal just about every night
- I have a weakness for new shampoos
- I got my first pay packet aged 15, working in a record shop on Saturdays
- I have a weakness for stationery
- Earlier this year I started a writing course that was meant to lead to me becoming a published author on completing the course; I’ve only done the first assignment so far, but I’ve published a book, so I’m doing it the wrong way round
- I have a weakness for second-hand books
- I would quite like to do a course in French polishing
Thank you very much to Angela for that. Her blog has a wonderful subtitle: “Cupcakes are an important part of a balanced diet”. Angela lives in Austria, a country I once visited when I was about 7 years old on a family holiday, and I like the way she introduces herself on her blog; in her words: “People call me Angela, Ange or Angie – whatever suits their personality”. My instinct was to call her Angela, so I don’t know what that says about me, perhaps that I’m rather a formal sort of British person.
The rules for this one are to thank the person who nominated me, tell people 7 things about myself and pass it on to 7 other blogs. Since I’ve just mentioned 7 things for the previous award, I’ll borrow those for that bit of this award and nominate the following blogs:
Thank you to everyone who’s given me these awards, and to all of the nominees for providing great blogs for me to read.